- Speed-weed your ready reference collection.
- Work a real-life reference desk shift... blind-folded.
- Make a halfway decent pot of coffee... then catalog it.
- Play a game of Trivial Pursuit/Scrabble against your most cantankerous faculty member.
- Explain Ranganathan's laws of library science through interpretive dance.
- Wrestle a cataloger.
Tuesday, June 13, 2006
When hiring a librarian, many academic libraries try to fill part of the obligatory eight-hour interview with a presentation by the candidate. More often than not, the candidate is asked to "demonstrate a database." Zzz. When inviting candidates to your library to interview, make things more challenging by asking them to...
Posted by J at 8:59 PM