- Are about to leave work to go to the dentist
- Receive anonymous emails complaining about your breath
- Spent the night alone in the library, drinking in your office
- Are preparing to make out with a custodian in the broom closet
- Did something really perverted with your mouth
Tuesday, December 19, 2006
While good hygiene is important for any librarian, one should not go overboard. Do not engage in workplace-tooth-brushing unless you...
Thursday, December 14, 2006
There are a few simple rules to follow when answering a telephone on behalf of your library...
- Always answer with a long, detailed greeting including your name, title, rank, department, and the name of your library. (This is especially helpful with internal calls.)
- Read from an institutionally assigned script.
- Never answer with just a last name: "Stabler." It works for t.v. detectives; not librarians.
- Never, under any circumstances, answer with a simple, "Hello?"
Posted by J at 8:50 PM
Tuesday, December 12, 2006
After interviewing for a library job, it is customary to send thank you notes to the individual search committee members. If you suspect that there's a chance you won't get the job and you plan to send a follow-up voodoo death curse, be sure to collect a strand of hair from each of the committee members during the interview.
Posted by J at 8:46 PM