- Publicly berate coworkers for not using double-sided printing.
- Go "off the grid" and cut the power lines that lead to your library building.
- Hoard empty soda cans and discarded beer bottles in your office and declare the area an "Ant Sanctuary."
- Steal your coworkers' discarded apple cores and banana peels for the fly-infested compost pile you keep under your desk.
- Turn off the lights in the reading room, and demand that all patrons purchase library-issued solar-powered light caps.
Monday, June 14, 2010
All good librarians should try to out-green their coworkers with increasingly aggressive attempts to make their library work spaces environmentally friendly. Below are some ideas to get you started...