Monday, June 12, 2006

Signatures, Using email

Put a little spice into your correspondents' lives by adding a personality-filled signature line at the end of all your outgoing email messages. In addition to your name and contact information, include a quippy quotation from A Librarian's Guide to Etiquette, a particularly poigniant Bible verse, or your favorite Garfield quote ("I hate Mondays"). This extra little gem at the end will make it worth your readers' time to wade through your boring everyday library talk.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Best one I've seen that really hits right to the heart of librarianship:

Weavers get warped, spinners get a twist, dulcimer players fret, crocheters are hooked, knitters get loopy, but librarians get booked.


Amen.

Anonymous said...

I use quotes form anime, video games, drunken brawls, etc. No one understands me anyway since my screensaver at work shows anime and video games figures.

Unstricken, I like minion but I would go for usurper or left-wing revolutionary.