Monday, February 12, 2007

Interviews, Being cool during

A librarian should play hard-to-get while interviewing for a job. Never let yourself drool with delight at the mention of the prospective salary. Don't moan with pleasure at the sight of your potential office. And don't wet yourself with anticipation when you get winked at by the office slut.

Also, during your interview, limit yourself to three whines of the word "please" while clutching onto the Director's leg. Anything more would just make you seem desperate.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

how about if I LIKE getting winked at?

duda said...

So... drooling is okay?

Anonymous said...

Please tell me where the mention of a prospective salary would have anyone drooling. Or maybe things are different for us in the UK. Foaming at the mouth maybe, but drooling ... nah.

Anonymous said...

Ditto what Angie said!

(from Pennsylvania, USA)

Catechresis said...

Can I say something really inappropriate and loud over the phone when I find out I'm actually going to INTERVIEW for the job?

Anonymous said...

the only drooling done here is by our patrons.

Anonymous said...

no worries - I always leave my cell phone on during interviews in case I get a better offer.