- Repeatedly say, "Sir? Sir?! SIR?!" in escalating volumes.
- Throw a foam boomerang at the patron's feet.
- Use a homemade paperclip lasso to rope and hogtie the patron.
- Equip the alarm to trigger a trap door that will dump the patron into an alligator-filled pit.
- Shrug in defeat and let them walk away.
Thursday, April 29, 2010
Many libraries are equipped with alarmed gates that set off sirens when a patron leaves the building with uncharged items. It is then up to the librarian to stop the offending patron and administer a humiliating full-body search for the nearly-stolen item. Some polite strategies for stopping patrons are listed below: